Welcome to Cabot's Pueblo Museum. This museum was built by Cabot Yerxa from 1941 to 1949, during his second adventure in the desert. This site sits only one mile north of his original homestead building. Cabot arrived in present-day Desert Hot Springs in October of 1913, to homestead 160 acres of land for $10. He successfully found first hot water aquifer o the property - the first person in modern times to do so. In early 1918, he left the desert and would not return to be a permanent resident until 1937. Throughout his lifetime, Cabot traveled across the world engaging in other cultures only to perpetuate his experiences to his museum guests. By taking the museum tour, guests can gain an understanding of Cabot, his life, and ideals.